The project consisted of the conservation and sensitive cleaning the Calvary.
Dating 1921, it was designed by H. S. Rogers and is a freestanding carved teak war memorial funded by the war memorial trust.
The Calvary, designed by H. S. Rogers, was unveiled on 11 December 1921 by F. M. Sir William Robinson and dedicated by Revd. F. J. Anderson. The cross is 17′ high and stands on a base with four supports. The supports and the figure of Christ, which is 4’ high, are made entirely of teak. It is sheltered by a gabled roof.